This has been a Blessed Birthday weekend around here. We had some friends and family over for a combined celebration of two of our teenagers. I bought this LARGE and dark chocolate-y layered cake at Costco, but wanted to add some personal flair; so I threw this Birthday Banner together in moments with items from around the house. So FUN!
- 2 wooden skewers (chopsticks work well too)
- Fabric scraps
- Bakers Twine
- Pattern for shape of banner
- Sewing machine (can also use glue or a stapler to attach folded scraps)
1. Take fabric scraps and fold in half. Lay the patten on folded fabric with top straight edge on fold. Cut. Repeat on all scraps.
2. Iron scrap folds flat.
3. Line the scraps on twine. Attach with sewing machine, stapler or glue.
4. Attach ends of twine to wooden skewers.
See, easy-peasy! And both of my kidlets loved the way it turned out. The best thing about this Banner is that it's reusable; just slide twine ends off skewers and slide onto new less-chocolate-y ones for the next celebration!
More scrap ideas coming this week...